Tue, 05/29/2018 - 17:29
Pet Food and Animal Feed Testing
Pets and other domestic animals are beloved family members and their health depends on a balanced diet that is free from residues and contaminants.
Based on our expertise in testing food for human consumption, our laboratory also offers complete testing services for pet food and feed for a wide variety of house and backyard pets including cats, dogs, birds, rodents, fish, reptiles, cattle, sheep, horses, pigs or poultry.
We test qualitative parameters as well as chemical and microbiological product safety. We perform molecular-biological testing to determine GMOs, animal species and allergens in basic nutrition as well as in specialized nutrition for veterinary medicine and research.
We test for:
- Weende analysis: Moisture content, raw protein, raw fat, raw ash, raw fiber
- Trace elements
- Cu, Mn, Zn, Fe, Se, Mo, J, etc.
- Bulk elements
- Ca, Mg, K, Na, P and Cl
- Amino acids
- Cystine, lysine, methionine, threonine, tryptophan, etc.
- Water-soluble vitamins (vitamin C and vitamin B group)
- Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K)
- Preservatives (benzoic acid, sorbic acid, parabens and propionic acid)
- Antioxidants (ethoxyquin, BHA, BHT and ascorbic acid)
- Heavy metals
- Lead, cadmium, mercury, arsenic, etc.
- Dioxins and PCBs
- Aflatoxins (B1, B2, G1 and G2)
- Ochratoxin A (OTA)
- Zearalenone (ZON)
- T2 and HT2 toxin
- Deoxynivalenol (DON)
- Multi-methods using LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS and others for custom methods
- Animal medications
- Qualitative: Inhibitor test
- Semi-quantitative: Enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) (for raw meat)
- Quantitative: Determination using LC-MS/MS
- Corn, rice, soy, rapeseed, etc.
- Allergens (e.g. gluten)
- Animal species determination
- Using PCR (beef, pork, poultry, horse, goat, etc.)
- Total germ count
- E. coli
- Coagulase-positive Staphylococci
- Staphylococcal enterotoxins
- Bacillus cereus
- Botulinum toxin
Our state-of-the-art laboratory equipment (e.g. ICP-MS for element analysis, LC-MS/MS for pesticide residues and GC-MS/MS for veterinary medication analysis) guarantees reliable findings far below official maximum levels. As a recognized QA animal feed laboratory, we serve not only manufacturers and retailers of traditional pet food and animal feed, but also manufacturers of special diet foods for animal medicine and research who have particularly high analysis requirements.