Wed, 05/23/2018 - 16:43
Cosmetics and personal care products are increasingly in the public and regulatory focus, and consumer demand for these products is growing. Certified organic cosmetics as well as “free from” claims are increasingly in demand -- and under scrutiny. We help manufacturers, importers and distributors of cosmetic products demonstrate the safety and quality of their products and to meet all regulatory requirements.
Our services include:
- Microbiological composition (pathogens, preservatives)
- Ingredients (allergens, mineral oil saturated hydrocarbons (MOSH) and mineral oil aromatic hydrocarbons (MOAH)
- Contaminants (heavy metals and pesticides)
- Packaging (integrity, pollutants and migration)
- Custom testing for current quality issues
- Product claims in accordance with EU Regulation No. 655/2013
- Labelling of ingredients and composition
- Preparation of safety reports and product information files in accordance with EU Regulation No. 1223/2009
We audit cosmetics raw material suppliers and production facilities for proof of compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (ISO 22716). We also certify cosmetics products with at least 70 percent organic content as organic (NSF/ANSI 305).
Dr. Andreas Hartmann
Technical Test Lead