Wed, 05/30/2018 - 19:15
NSF International’s German laboratory was founded in 1997 as the “Institut Dr. Erdmann” in Crailsheim. In 2002 the location in Rheda-Wiedenbrück was added. In 2014 the institute was acquired by NSF International, a global public health and safety organization. Due to its integration into a global network, we stay current and well informed on all relevant trends and developments in the laboratory scene.
As a rapidly expanding company, we currently employ over 200 people in Rheda-Wiedenbrück alone. Additional logistics sites in southern and eastern Germany allow a qualified sampling service covering all of Germany.
Our team includes food chemists, biochemists, food technologists, ecotrophologists, biologists and veterinarians. We provide all services based on the latest scientific insights, guidelines and standards.
Some key events in our history include:
- 2017: Full integration of NSF Erdmann Analytics into NSF International
- 2016: Acquisition of the G+S Laboratorium and Cibus GmbH in Rheda-Wiedenbrück
- 2015: Expansion of the laboratory space with construction of a new section
- 2014: Acquisition of Erdmann Analytics by NSF International, expanding our service offerings
- 2013: Expansion, modernization and reorganization of the laboratory and office areas through construction of an additional building; name change to Erdmann Analytics
- 2013: Expansion of drinking water testing for chemical parameters
- 2012: Setup of an independent drinking water laboratory with drinking water sampling services for companies and private households throughout Germany
- 2011: Prof. Dr. Hermann Frister becomes the scientific expert for milk and dairy products; expansion of the Rheda-Wiedenbrück location as an analytics center with expansion of the molecular biological, microbiological and chemical departments; launch of a national logistics center
- 2010: Prof. Dr. Heike Mempel (expert in quality management for fruit and vegetables, residue analysis and horticulture) becomes a scientific expert at the institute; Institut Dr. Erdmann becomes the contractual laboratory for residue monitoring 4fresh of the German Fruit Retailers Association
- 2009: Setup of an independent enzymology testing department at the Rheda-Wiedenbrück location; Prof. Dr. Otto becomes another scientific expert on the institute’s advisory board; recognition as QA residues laboratory for pesticides and nitrates
- 2008: Reaccreditation of the Rheda-Wiedenbrück and Crailsheim locations by DAP GmbH; Prof. Dr. Gerhard Bareuther becomes a scientific expert on the institute’s advisory board (until 2010)
- 2006: Setup of the histological testing department at the Rheda-Wiedenbrück location; notification of this location as a drinking water examination site in accordance with Article 15 of the Drinking Water Ordinance (TrinkwV)
- 2005: Setup of the chemical testing department at the Rheda-Wiedenbrück location, with use of wet-chemical testing methods
- 2004: Setup of the molecular biological testing department in Rheda-Wiedenbrück; expansion of the Crailsheim location into a competency center for the food trade
- 2002: Foundation of the Rheda-Wiedenbrück location as an accredited microbiological testing laboratory; transformation into a limited liability company (GmbH); establishment of an advisory board with scientific experts
- 1997: Founding at the Crailsheim location as a private company by Prof. Dr. Ralf Erdmann